Last Week’s Workouts: 7/6-7/12

I thought Aaron’s two-week absence would make me a more productive person. I’d wake up early every day, exercise, make delicious dinners from scratch, and catch up on reading.

Instead, I never caught up on sleep post-Vegas because friends and family wanted to hang out every night to catch up and celebrate my new job by eating and drinking. As a result, I slept in every morning, was too lazy/busy to work out every night, and was generally full of excuses.

Wow, what a fun update! It gets better toward the end. 🙂

Slept in. 

I also went to my friend Amy’s big, beautiful new house to marvel over her legit adulthood, eat fajitas made by her husband, drink wine, and watch The Bachelorette.

Slept in. 

I also went out to happy hour with Karen, who still meets me for monthly food and booze sessions nearly two years after we first crossed paths at Green Lake. Yay!

Slept in. But, I did a one-hour Baptiste yoga class at work. We had a health fair all week, and part of it was free yoga, so obviously I was all over it. It was a very beginner class, but I appreciated the very detailed descriptions of basic poses since I definitely don’t have perfect form.

I also had dinner with my dad at a most excellent restaurant that appears to be a dive bar, but actually has delicious Mexican food: El 42 Cantina. I had ahi poke tacos that reminded me of the divine Da Poke Shack in Kona, plus a seriously lethal watermelon margarita. I had to add several pours of water to make it remotely drinkable. I’m not sure how I feel about this.

Slept in. 

I also donated blood as part of the health fair. I hadn’t donated blood since high school, but if I figured if I wasn’t really getting my blood pumping this week, I might as well pump it out for someone else.

Plus, I went to Aaron’s dad and stepmom’s house for dinner. They made spaghetti, which I hadn’t eaten in the longest time. It was sooooo good.

I had the day off work, but I was feeling a bit… wait for it… drained from donating blood, so I was super lazy and watched a bunch of old episodes of The Bachelor (Jason Mesnick’s season, which I never watched back when it aired). I am the coolest.

My Jawbone fitness tracker says I slept for 10 hours and 24 minutes and walked 378 steps. Wowwwwwwwwww.

Ran 4 miles at 9:24 average pace — my first run in two weeks. I felt really out of shape, which is exactly what happens when you don’t run for two weeks.

Also, Aaron came back!!! And he brought all the chocolate from Switzerland. 

I knew I married him for a reason.

8-mile hike (roundtrip) to the top of Mount Si with Aaron’s mom, Greta. 

This is the much longer and more difficult hiking option on the same mountain as the Little Si hike I did with my dad on Father’s Day. I though the 3,150-foot climb was pretty intense, but then again, I don’t have a ton of hiking experience.

Greta was nervous about tackling it, but we completed the four-mile hike to the top in 1:54 with no breaks. We spent about 30 minutes at the top snacking and enjoying the view, and then Greta wanted to RUN back down… so we did. Sheesh! My MIL is a beast. We didn’t run the whole way since the trail gets pretty rocky in spots, but we made it down in 1:08.

A few years ago, Aaron and his ultra-trail-running friend Patrick ran up Mount Si in less than an hour. WTF. I wouldn’t be able to run for 30 seconds up that trail. Aaron could barely walk for four days after (I assume from the downhill portion).

My legs felt fine after, but Greta and I didn’t run nearly as hard. It was more like controlled falling through the woods. Wheeee!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s