Holy crap! Y’all came through with book recommendations in a big way, and now I’m like a kid in a candy store trying to figure out which one to read first. I’ll share many of the recs below, but first let me tell you a smidge about my day.
I went to the gym this morning and covered 4.57 miles during a 40-minute tempo run. Apparently I was… really tired… because look what I typed into my phone about this run right after I finished:
Oh, honey, no. Not even close. How about “40 min tempo 4.57 mi”?
But somehow this morning my brain was like, “Yes, this is definitely what I want to type.” I blame two straight nights of The Bachelor. So mentally and emotionally taxing.
Then I got ready for work and, in a nod to the day’s forecast — sunny, low 50s — busted out a new striped short-sleeved tee. I can’t waaaait for spring to arrive!
Sorry for the weird/blurry pic. My selfie game is clearly off due to my lack of blogging.
Anyway, this tee is so comfortable and just a hair more stylish than your average tee (although hard to tell that on me). Here it is if you’d like join the stripey club.
On to the books!
Several of you mentioned Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed. I know the movie starring Reese Witherspoon is coming out this year, so I’ll try to read it before then!
Robin recommended several books, including Wild (dang, girl! so well-read):
– The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
– The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (sounds like a great contender for book club!)
– Hell on Two Wheels by Amy Snyder
– The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
– A Life Without Limits by Chrissie Wellington
– Love Does by Bob Goff
– The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
– A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
Lauren from apureadventure let me know that if I turn the Wi-Fi off on my Kindle, my checked-out book won’t go anywhere until I’m done with it. Oh, snap! Thanks, Lauren! She also recommended:
– State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
– The Round House by Louise Erdrich
– Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed (just downloaded this one!)
sitcomofmylife recommended a trio of books by Alice Sebold:
– The Almost Moon (just downloaded this one!)
– The Lovely Bones (I have read this and seen the movie)
– Lucky (her memoir)
And there are many more recommendations in the comments of my last post, so check ‘em out! Thanks to everyone who contributed their picks!
Time for me to get ready for bed and finish my current book. I’ve got one last super-early gym morning tomorrow, and then Friday is my rest day! Woo-hoo!