I usually get enough sleep and feel energized throughout the day, but last night I didn’t go to bed until 11:00 and was draaaagging all day today. So tired. I don’t drink coffee, so I just had more Tazo “Awake” tea than usual. The real remedy is to go to bed earlier tonight! (I’ll be tucked in by 10.)
Anyway, I was half dreading (so tired) and half excited (yay, adrenaline!) for speed intervals tonight. When I got home, I was like
“I have to go run”
and Aaron was like
“You GET to go run”
and I was like
“…yes, I GET to run.”
- 0.5 mi warmup
- Four sets of 0.25 mi fast and 0.25 mi recovery
- 1 mile cool-down
I did the exact same workout that I did last Wednesday, but I did it nearly two minutes faster! My speed intervals were in the low 8s and 7s instead of the high 8s, and my recovery intervals were in the mid and high 9s instead of the mid 10s.
THIS IS HOW YOU GET FASTER. It’s so exciting to see and feel progress, even a little, in just a week.
I came home to a fabulous meal that Aaron put together.
A massive burger seasoned with a dry rub of spices on a Romaine lettuce “bun,” with tomato, bacon, avocado, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, and a crunchy pickle spear. So good. So filling.
I also did really well with eating today. No sugary snacks!!
- 2 eggs + ¼ avocado and one corn muffin for breakfast
- Small handful of walnuts for morning snack
- Big spinach, cucumber, and tomato salad + chicken sausage for lunch
- Apple pie Larabar + tons of baby carrots for afternoon snack
- Tea and water for days
- Spoonful of almond butter straight from jar to mouth right before my run
- Aforementioned dinner + advent calendar chocolate for dessert
Time for bed. Good night!