Leftovers for the win.
The zucchini lasagna is much better as leftovers, in my opinion. It definitely holds together better after being refrigerated and reheated. I had it with roasted eggplant for lunch and it was so good that I’ll be having this exact meal again for dinner!
How I roast eggplant:
– Preheat oven to 500 degrees
– Slice eggplant into ¼ inch rounds
– Drizzle both sides of each eggplant round with a bit of olive oil
– Roast for 10 minutes, flip each round, then roast for 7-10 more (watch to make sure they don’t burn)
– You can also add a bit of sea salt and pepper if you’re into that sort of thing
Snacks today were an apple with almond butter and a few dates.
I also went for a 45-minute walk around my ‘hood today.
I covered about 2.6 miles at a brisk pace and my ankle wasn’t bothered at all. Can’t. Wait. To. RUN!
Next week. So excited.